Major Tasks of CED:
- Raise students' self-awareness and understanding on career development
- Guide them to recognise their interests and potentials
- Broaden their horizon in multiple career paths
- Create experiential-learning opportunities and allocate resources for suitable students
- Equip them for public examinations and working environment
- Provide counselling service for personal growth and promote mental wellness
- Establish collaborative relationship with parents
1. Career Talk on Auxiliary Police
In order to facilitate students' comprehension of the career path and duties of Hong Kong auxiliary police, the Careers Education Department invited auxiliary police officers from the Hong Kong Police Force to deliver a talk in early October. Students are provided with the opportunity to understand the necessary qualifications for the job and enquire relevant information about the auxiliary police.
2. Parents Night
The Careers Education Department conducted two career-related talks for junior and senior form parents respectively. The career teacher provided practical suggestions and essential information for parents to understand how to support students’ career needs, which helped them make the proper decision for students’ prospective careers.
3. Information Day Visit
The Careers Education Department arranged Information Day visit to Poly University and Hong Kong University for S3-S6 students. Provided with the chance to visit the universities, students can learn about the majors as well as the specialization they are interested in, motivating them to plan their future careers and reflect on their goals.
4. Prof. HC Man's Career Talk
In order to enhance students' understanding of engineering and the admission requirements of universities, the Careers Education Department arranged a talk about engineering. It is much appreciated that Ir Prof. H.C. Man, Dean of the School of Engineering of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, was invited to deliver a lecture to students.
5. Multiple Pathway Talk
The Careers Education Department invited the counselling psychologist to conduct the Multiple Pathway talk to parents and students. The speaker offered instructional and educational information on the various career pathways for parents to better support their children.
6. Poly University Admission Talk
The Poly University Admission Talk was conducted for students to understand the arrangement and requirements for Poly University admission. The general admission information and STARS programs were explained comprehensively for students to reflect on their career path.
7. Individual Career Counselling
Our student counsellor provided individual counselling for S6 students to explore their career interests, capabilities and values in order to offer personalized and appropriate career plans for students.