To give students assistance in further education and career pursuits, visits to government departments and local universities, talks by visitors from different professions and tertiary institutes as well as exhibitions in the related fields are held from time to time. With the development of information technology, our students are always provided with the latest information on further education and career pursuits. Individual guidance is available, and parents are also invited to join discussions. Surveys on our graduates are conducted every year so as to keep up with the study and employment pursuits of our students.
- Helping students to acquire different learning strategies and time management skills so as to strive for academic excellence.
- Helping students to explore their career aspiration through understanding their personality, unique abilities and opportunities so as to strive for academic excellence.
- Exploring flexible and rich articulation pathways for students through liaising with external bodies and tertiary education institutes.
- Ms CHAN Ching Man, Bonnie
- Ms CHU Ka Man Fanny
- Ms HEUNG Hau Ling Alva
- Ms WONG Yee Tung Harries
Career Preparation & Skills
- Holland's Six Personality Types
According to John Holland’s theory, most people are one of six personality types: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising and Conventional. The characteristics of each of these are described below. Also, you can find the detailed information in the following link: http://www.mkc.edu.hk:8080/careers/page08.htm.
- Likes to work with animals, tools, or machines; generally avoids social activities like teaching, healing, and informing others;
- Has good skills in working with tools, mechanical or electrical drawings, machines, or plants and animals;
- Values practical things you can see, touch, and use like plants and animals, tools, equipment, or machines; and
- Sees self as practical, mechanical, and realistic.
- Likes to study and solve math or science problems; generally avoids leading, selling, or persuading people;
- Is good at understanding and solving science and math problems;
- Values science; and
- Sees self as precise, scientific, and intellectual.
- Likes to do creative activities like art, drama, crafts, dance, music, or creative writing; generally avoids highly ordered or repetitive activities;
- Has good artistic abilities -- in creative writing, drama, crafts, music, or art;
- Values the creative arts -- like drama, music, art, or the works of creative writers; and
- Sees self as expressive, original, and independent.
- Likes to do things to help people -- like, teaching, nursing, or giving first aid, providing information; generally avoids using machines, tools, or animals to achieve a goal;
- Is good at teaching, counseling, nursing, or giving information;
- Values helping people and solving social problems; and
- Sees self as helpful, friendly, and trustworthy.
- Likes to lead and persuade people, and to sell things and ideas; generally avoids activities that require careful observation and scientific, analytical thinking;
- Is good at leading people and selling things or ideas;
- Values success in politics, leadership, or business; and
- Sees self as energetic, ambitious, and sociable.
- Likes to work with numbers, records, or machines in a set, orderly way; generally avoids ambiguous, unstructured activities
- Is good at working with written records and numbers in a systematic, orderly way;
- Values success in business; and
- Sees self as orderly, and good at following a set plan.
2. Job Search Tips
(i) Choosing Career
(ii) Job Hunting
(iii) Job Interview
(iv) Beginning Worklife