Distinguished members of the School Management Committee (SMC) gave their precious time to a careers talk for our S7 students at the Lecture Theatre on 9th May from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. As we all know members of our SMC are all respectable academics and professionals who receive excellent reputation in their fields and in the society. Their gracious presence did enlighten our students and encourage them in the way of showing great concern for them. On behalf of the students, teachers, and parents, the school would like to express our heartfelt thanks to the following members of the SMC, they include:
- Professor Philip Yeung Kwok Wing
- Executive Director, Clothing Industry Training Authority
- Chairman, the Asian Federation of Textile Professional Association
- Vice-Chairman, Hong Kong Institution of Textiles and Apparel
- Professor Chung Pak Kwong
- Head and Professor, Department of Physical Education, Faculty of Social Sciences, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Council Vice-President, The Society of Chinese Scholars on Exercise Physiology and Fitness
- Executive Committee Member, Physical and Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China
- Professor Wong Kam Fai
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Director, The Centre for Innovation and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Vice-President, The Scout Association of HK (Kowloon Region)
- Professor Albert Lee
- Director, The Centre for Health Education and Health Promotion, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Professor and Head, Family Medicine Unit, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Member of Curriculum Development Council and Chairman of Health Management & Social Care Committee, CDC – HKEAA, HKSAR
Students found the talk highly relevant to their needs. It was reflected that the talk has given them not only the interviewing techniques they need, but also the aspiration for overcoming all sorts of difficulties along their course of studies. Our students did benefit greatly from the inspiring words, professional input and invaluable personal experiences of our School Managers.
The school managers reminded our S7 students of the importance of language and flexibility in the pursuit of one’s career. They explained that opportunity always goes to a person who is well-prepared. Hence we must learn as much as we can and be fully equipped so as to keep abreast of this unpredictable world. They urged our students to plan before plunging into action, anticipate the unexpected, and provide for maximum risk.
The response of our S7 students was overwhelming. The presence of our widely acclaimed members of the SMC not only attracted students to come back during their early summer vacation, but also motivated them to start thinking about their future. The tender love and care showered by our SMC, Principal and teachers on our students undoubtedly give them light as they venture down the paths of study and life, i.e., coping with the ever-changing world and aspiration towards becoming the 'perfect' generation of the 21st century.
為前途作好準備 -- 校董的訓勉叮嚀
使學生在生涯規劃方面能夠掌握最新資訊，汲取專業人士的寶貴意見，本校於二○○八年五月九日 (星期五) 特別為中七級同學安排了一個升學教育活動，由成功人士現身說法，為同學將來升學及就業作好最佳準備，尤其是如何準備各大專院校的入學面試。由於本校校董對同學有箸非常殷切的期望，同時他們都是各所大專院校的教授，負責入學面試及收生事宜，雖然他們每位都是大忙人，日理萬機，但最難能可貴的是他們均自薦擔任主講嘉賓，造就了這個千載難逢的機會！當天出席的校董計有楊國榮教授(前理工大學副校長)、鍾伯光教授(香港浸會大學體育學系系主任)、黃錦輝 教授(中文大學工程學院副院長)及李大拔教授(中文大學醫學院健康教育及促進健康中心總監)。